July is Hiring
Head of Operations & Finance
Who we are:
July is a modern appliance company, disrupting the traditional appliance business. We seek to delight customers with beautiful products with service models that make getting your product as easy as can be. We’ve started by reimagining the window air conditioner - and are now working on our next product, with more on the roadmap. Backed by our best-in-class engineering and manufacturing partnerships, we are uniquely positioned to shake up the market - in the A/C category and beyond.
We’ve been recognized on Time’s 100 Best Inventions of 2021 list, Fast Company’s Innovation by Design awards, and many more.
We put the customer at the core of everything we do: from addressing pain points in the product (aesthetics, ease of installation) to the experience (delivery and environmental impact), we are changing the business.
What we are looking for:
July is looking for a Head of Operations & Finance to join the leadership team. This role will be critical as we scale up.
The ideal candidate has:
- Undergraduate degree and a minimum of 7-10 years of work experience.
- Background in management consulting, finance, biz ops, and/or operations at a consumer goods startup
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves and execute
- Strong written communication skills; engaging verbal communication and presence to work directly with and negotiate with partners and suppliers
- Strategic mindset and proven analytical abilities; ready to own operations deliverables and customer-facing logistics with an eye to improve processes and reduce costs
- Detail-oriented and organized - you will be expected to own your workstreams and deliver against timelines you will co-create with the CEO
- Entrepreneurial spirit and eagerness to learn on the fly every day
- Passion for consumer startups and excitement to join a small but mighty team!
This is a full-time role based in New York City. If you think you’re a fit, email us at email@example.com.
Own the financial operations of July from end-to-end.
- Maintain key financial documents, including P&L, Cash Flow, and Balance Sheet.
- Build a forecasting model for 2023 and onwards, building in assumptions about growth and demand, so we can plan for our upcoming years.
- Own COGS for all of our products and accessories, and set targets for decreasing COGS (where applicable) for future years.
Own our fulfillment strategy for the distribution of all our products that ship out.
- Produce financial models to evaluate different warehouse location/vendor/courier options.
- Manage demand forecast and distribution of inventory between our warehouse locations.
- Own the relationship with our fulfillment vendor, including contracting, negotiations, and day-to-day shipping management.
- Own all processes relevant to fulfillment, including returns; defective products; and the pick & pack process.
Create and operationalize the process for drop shipping through partnerships we have with third-party retailers.
July Delivery & Installation Program
In New York City, July operates its own delivery and installation service for our units. In this role, you will lead this program both strategically and from an execution standpoint.
- Conduct cost-benefit analysis to determine the best model for our services.
- Identify, negotiate, and secure warehouse space for NYC local fulfillment
Manage the team (or vendors) that we use to conduct deliveries, ensuring key operational metrics are met and customer experience maintained.
Manage all our regular business admin activities.
- Own the relationship with our accounting firm, ensuring that our books are balanced.
- In conjunction with our accounting firm, ensure that all relevant filings (federal and state) are submitted in a timely manner.
- Own our relationship with our insurance company, and re-evaluate our coverage on a regular basis.
- Onboard new vendors and employees and get them set up in all systems.
Act as accounts payable, ensuring that all invoices are submitted and then paid as per the payment terms.