July is Hiring
Finance & Strategy Associate
Who we are:
July is a modern appliance company, disrupting the traditional appliance business. We seek to delight customers with beautiful products with service models that make getting your product as easy as can be. We’ve started by reimagining the window air conditioner - and are now working on our next product, with more on the roadmap. Backed by our best-in-class engineering and manufacturing partnerships, we are uniquely positioned to shake up the market - in the A/C category and beyond.
We put the customer at the core of everything we do: from addressing pain points in the product (aesthetics, ease of installation) to the experience (delivery and environmental impact), we are changing the business.
What we are looking for:
July is seeking a Finance & Strategy Associate to join an early-stage consumer brand looking to reinvent the home appliance category. This role will be responsible for numerous initiatives, including accounting, business forecasting, operational performance tracking, and supporting venture fundraising efforts.
The ideal candidate has:
- Background in finance, consulting, business operations, or other analytical fields
- Undergraduate degree or past experience specifically touching finance reporting or accounting; CPA beneficial
- Proficiency with excel modeling, data analysis, Quickbooks, and accounting softwares; past experience with Tableau, Metabase, BigQuery or other SQL programs is a plus
- Knack for distilling customer and sales data and build processes from scratch
- Strategic mindset & big picture thinking; self-motivated to lead data analysis projects to inform strategic decisions across the company
- Detail-oriented, willing to roll up your sleeves to implement new software, or manually test and clean data sets
- Entrepreneurial mindset and eagerness to learn on the fly every day
- Passion for consumer startups and excitement to join a small but mighty team!
This role is based in New York City.
If you think you’re a fit, email us at email@example.com.
Own the company’s financial reporting, helping to make key decisions for all aspects of the company including fundraising, hiring, production volume forecasting, and revenue growth projections.
- Prepare and maintain the key financial documents for the business (P&L, balance sheet)
- Prepare forecasts based on anticipated production volume
Prepare monthly burn rate reports
Bookkeeping & Accounting
Manage July’s books, own the relationship with our accounting firm and Quickbooks reporting, and institute scalable processes and policies required as we grow.
- Own and manage the relationship with our accounting firm
- Manage and operate our Quickbooks, ensuring all entries are recorded correctly. Set up automations wherever possible.
- Prepare sales tax for the states that we must pay in (for now, New York State)
- Run payroll for employees
- Manage all invoice payments for the company
- Own the relationship with our insurance vendor
Manage vendor contracts and accounts payable
Devise a holistic data strategy for the company, own ecommerce and operations reporting.
- Maintain a map of all the data sources that July has, or will need in the future. Select and implement dashboarding software and tools where relevant
- Select and maintain a business intelligence tool that will allow July to easily access and visualize data across platforms, including Shopify, Google Analytics, site metrics, CRM, ZenDesk, and other customer touchpoints
- Maintain monthly reporting on inventory, sales performance, CAC/LTV, and other key metrics