July is Hiring
Customer Experience Associate Job Description
Who we are:
July is a modern appliance company, disrupting the traditional appliance business. We seek to delight customers with beautiful products with service models that make getting your product as easy as can be. We’ve started by reimagining the window air conditioner - and are now working on our next product, with more on the roadmap. Backed by our best-in-class engineering and manufacturing partnerships, we are uniquely positioned to shake up the market - in the A/C category and beyond.
We put the customer at the core of everything we do: from addressing pain points in the product (aesthetics, ease of installation) to the experience (delivery and environmental impact), we are changing the business.
What we are looking for:
July is looking to bring on a Customer Experience Associate to be a key contributor to our community management as a scaling D2C startup. This role will be responsible for managing all customer engagement and support requests, creating customer-facing policies and programs, and leading point on customer feedback cycles. This is a multi-disciplinary role and opportunity for anyone looking for roles in operations, customer experience, or community management. This is a growth opportunity to learn hands-on customer experience, and grow to manage a full team of rotational customer support reps.
The ideal candidate has:
- Undergraduate degree or experience in communications, customer experience, or operations. We are open to all levels of experience.
- A love of helping others; you have an upbeat demeanor, empathy, and knack for helping guide others to success
- Strong written communication skills across platforms; email, chat, and phone are equal strengths
- A creative mind -- always thinking of new ways to delight customers, picking up on innovative ideas and programs to make our customers happy
- Ability to manage and multi-task across several initiatives at once, and keep on top of details
- Hospitality-oriented spirit and willingness to go above and beyond for the customer to make things right
- Entrepreneurial spirit and eagerness to learn on the fly every day
- Passion for consumer startups and excitement to join a small but mighty team!
This is a part-time role with potential to roll into full-time. This role is based in New York City.
If you think you’re a fit, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Daily management of incoming support requests and customer questions.
- Answer questions from customer leads who are hoping to learn more about July, across channels: email, phone, chat, social media.
- Respond to inquiries from existing customers, concerning pending orders, installation appointments, or how-to instructions.
Programs & Policies
Own and co-author new policies and programs to improve the July customer experience.
Maintain FAQ responses, tutorials, and website information to make the July experience as seamless as possible.
Ideate and implement new programs that follow the July goals – sustainability programs, donation programs, and the interior design Trade program.
Concept and execute on Surprise & Delight programs to make a memorable experience for prospective and existing customers.
Insights & Feedback
Lead customer insights sessions and biannual feedback cycles in order to collect real-time input for ongoing R&D efforts
Create interview scripts and interview timelines to interact and hear from customers.
Build and monitor ongoing feedback surveys, reviews, and ratings.
- Work alongside Operations and Product teams to inform on common requests, issues, and high priority needs for the customer base.
Analytics & Strategy
Keep track of how our Customer Experience program is performing, and call out areas for operational improvements.
Analysis & reporting of customer service engagement to understand patterns, inform FAQs, and build scalable processes to handle incoming volumes.
Identify and execute on strategic initiatives to better serve customers and build a growing CX team. For example, investigating chat automation, future staffing plans, testing self-service models, concepting new web widgets for customer-facing interaction.