July is Hiring
Social Media & Content Lead
Who we are:
July is a modern appliance company, disrupting the traditional appliance business. We seek to delight customers with beautiful products with service models that make getting your product as easy as can be. We’ve started by reimagining the window air conditioner - and are now working on our next product, with more on the roadmap. Backed by our best-in-class engineering and manufacturing partnerships, we are uniquely positioned to shake up the market - in the A/C category and beyond.
We put the customer at the core of everything we do: from addressing pain points in the product (aesthetics, ease of installation) to the experience (delivery and environmental impact), we are changing the business.
What we are looking for:
July is looking to bring on a Social Media & Content Lead to be a key contributor to our brand identity as a fast-growing consumer startup. This role will be responsible for managing our social media accounts, creating graphic,visual, and written content across channels, as well as coordinating brand initiatives like photoshoots and influencer collaborations. This is a multi-disciplinary role and major growth opportunity for anyone looking for roles in content, brand, or design!
The ideal candidate has:
- Undergraduate degree or minimum 1-2 years of experience in communications, marketing, or the arts. We are open to all levels of experience.
- Background in graphic design, social media, branding, art direction, copywriting, production. Proficiency in Figma, Adobe Creative Cloud, or similar programs is required.
- A love of social media and all things consumer branding; you’re on top of trends, following your favorite brands, and clued in on interesting cultural movements.
- A natural eye for aesthetics and can feel and own the July aesthetic. Photography skill is a plus.
- Highly creative mind -- always thinking of new concepts, branding activations, fun partnership ideas for a consumer-facing brand like ours.
- Ability to manage and multi-task across several initiatives at once, be it email outreach, photo editing, working with agencies.
- Strong written communication skills; engaging verbal communication and presence to work directly with brand partners and customers -- and go live on Instagram Stories!
- Detail-oriented, willing to work to make all creative “just right”
- Entrepreneurial spirit and eagerness to learn on the fly every day
- Passion for consumer startups and excitement to join a small but mighty team!
This is a part-time role with potential to roll into full-time. This role is based in New York City.
If you think you’re a fit, email us at email@example.com.
Hands-on production of assets -- including graphic material, photos, social media posting, and blog pieces -- for publishing on July’s website and social channels.
- Work alongside Head of Brand in planning creative assets, executing on brand partnerships, and directing photoshoots
- Conceptualize and create digital assets for email, social, website, or physical collateral; work in Figma or Adobe Suite with clear deliverables
Maintain creative assets and own any further development of brand motifs to integrate into overall brand book
Support July’s social media platforms. Build a digital brand presence that can help July stand out from competitors, and attract customers to our product.
- Maintain regular posting across Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, and other active channels
- Track engagement and performance across all social channels
Prepare monthly calendar of content for all channels, according to our strategic goals for each
Co-create and execute on various brand activations taken on by July, be it artist collaborations, influencer engagements, holiday gifting, or retail pop-ups.
- Research & develop pipeline for intriguing brand partnerships to pursue throughout the July season
- Own planning, outreach, and execution of content calendar; ideate and execute campaign ideas to build rich customer and follower experience that transcends our physical product
Work alongside CX team for customer-facing initiatives and special occasion activations